Reduce Your Energy Bills
Most people don’t realize that most heat loss in your house occurs in your basement! That’s why new buildings require R24 insulation.
Insulating your basement will help keep you much more comfortable while also significantly reducing your energy bills.
$1250 – For adding at least R23 to 100% of basement (1) (2) (9)
$750 – For adding at least R12 to 100% of basement (1) (2) (9)
ADDITIONAL FOUNDATION NOTES
- The 20% minimum requirement will be lowered to a 5% minimum requirement if the customer aims to complete 100% of their basement, and they will receive an additional $500 bonus for foundation wall insulation if 100% is achieved. For example, if foundation insulation is 90% at Pre-retrofit evaluation, customer can add 10% to achieve 100% and be eligible for the $500 bonus.
- Minimum R8 required for existing insulation. For example, if the foundation has 90% insulation of R8 or more, customer can insulate the available 10% by adding at least R12 and be eligible for the $500 bonus. If existing insulation is less than R8, customer must add at least R12 to entire foundation be eligible for the bonus rebate.
- Foundation exterior walls include pony walls, basement walls, and crawlspace exterior walls – but not floor above crawlspace.
(1) This rebate is pro-rated based on the percentage of wall area insulated and does not include walls between individual units. For a semi-detached, rebates are 75% of the amounts shown, row houses are 50%.
(2) When both a basement and crawl space are present, all applicable grants are pro-rated to a maximum of $1,000 based on the total wall area.
(9) Must upgrade at least 20% to be eligible.