Make Energy-Efficient Upgrades to your Home
With over 10,000 energy audits (as of this writing), Energy Werx has been servicing the Brantford and surrounding area and is well acquainted with the building styles and upgrades best suited for this environment.
Updating your home with energy saving upgrades will help you save in three ways:
- The first is saving money through the rebate, which can see you receive up to $5,000 if the energy efficiency of your home is improved after the renovations.
- Another way is to save money later. You will see that reflected on your energy bill, with a decrease of up to 20% every year after your home’s energy efficiency is increased.
- The third and final way to save it the increased value to your home. Future homebuyers and attracted to energy-efficient homes.
Before renovations start, call Energy Werx.
How do I get started?
To get the most of the savings you may qualify for, there are steps you need to take before you begin working on your home.
The first step is to call an energy advisor, like Energy Werx, to perform a pre-upgrade audit. You need to call us BEFORE you start upgrading and renovating. If ANY upgrades have begun before calling us, you MAY NOT be able to participate in the program or qualify for rebates – contact our office to determine eligibility.
Next, we will review your assessment with you and go through the renovation options available to complete the third step.
You must complete at least two eligible energy upgrades renovations. You DO NOT have to hire approved contractors to qualify for the Union Gas and Enbridge Rebates, however there are certain upgrades that contractors are required to do such as furnace upgrades.
Once those are completed, the last step is to call us back to arrange a post-renovation assessment. We will submit all of the necessary paperwork to Union Gas and Enbridge, and you will receive a rebate cheque within 90 business days following submission. While you pay the HST on both assessments completed on your home, your cheque will include a rebate of $600 for each of them.
How do I qualify for a bonus rebate?
If you’re in the Union Gas and Enbridge or Kitchener Utilities service area and you are looking to upgrade or renovate your home, Energy Werx can help you qualify for incredible rebates from Union Gas and Enbridge. Qualifying can be as easy as choosing to install upgrades that are energy-efficient, such as better insulation, new windows, or a high-efficiency furnace.
In order to qualify for rebates through the Union Gas and Enbridge programs, there are guidelines you must meet.
- Own a detached, semi-detached, row house or permanent mobile home
- Do an energy assessment both before and after your renovation
- Complete at least two eligible energy upgrades
- Provide a copy of all receipts.
NOTE: Your $600 energy assessment rebate is included in the $5,000 rebate. You may also receive additional rebates for electric appliance. You pay the HST on the cost of the audits.
$250 For completing 3 energy upgrades
$500 For completing 4 energy upgrades
$750 For completing 5 energy upgrades
$1000 For completing 6 energy upgrades and so on
How It Works
- Have us perform a pre-retrofit evaluation before you begin eligible upgrades. (Fee $390+HST)
- Complete the upgrades you choose (minimum of 2)
- We perform the post-retrofit evaluation within 120 days to confirm the upgrades. (Fee $210+HST)
- Cost of evaluations are refunded to a maximum of $600, excluding HST.
- Rebate cheques are mailed 90-120 days after the post retrofit energy evaluation.
Planning renovations or upgrades to your home in the near future?
With the Home Reno Rebate from Union Gas and Enbridge, in partnership with the Government of Ontario and Save on Energy, you could be eligible for up to $5,000 in renovation rebates plus additional electric appliance rebates. Find out how you qualify.