Let us show you how to get $40 for each window, door, and skylight you replace
Let’s face it: New advanced technologies and designs have dramatically improved the efficiencies of windows. Everybody knows that replacing ageing windows and doors will make your room or home more comfortable.
Take advantage of the Union Gas Home Reno Rebate and let Energy Werx show you how to get $40 for each door, window and skylight you replace.
Not only can it make a huge impact on the energy efficiency and comfort level of your home but now it will save you in the pocketbook.
New windows and doors create many benefits including a reduction in energy costs, easy maintenance, and improved aesthetics or resale value of your home.
Make an impact on energy efficiency and comfort
Need a reason to upgrade? Here are a few good reasons to consider:
1. Inefficient leaky windows, skylights, and glazed doors account for more than 25 percent of the average household’s energy bills.
2. You can cut energy costs by as much as 15 percent by installing Energy Star windows with double-pane insulated glass, heat-resistant coatings with airtight frames.
3. Cut down on street noise by installing insulated or double-pane windows with 1/4″ ~ 1″ of argon between the panes. The wider the air spaces and thicker the glass, the more noise that is reduced.
4. Most manufacturers say windows should be replaced after about 20 years. Signs of a failing window include leaking or drafts,
and panes that collect condensation, ice, and frost.
5. Low-emissivity (low-E) glass has a thin metallic coating that reflects heat back to its source, keeping heat inside the house in the winter and out of it in the summer. Low-E coatings also reduce energy costs and block UV rays while allowing 95 percent of natural light to pass through.
6. Skylights provide 30 percent more light than vertical windows of the same size.
$40 – For each window, door or skylight replaced with ENERGY STAR® qualified model. (6)
(6) $40 rebate per rough opening. Bay windows considered 1 rough opening.
Planning renovations or upgrades to your home in the near future?
With the Home Reno Rebate from Union Gas you could be eligible for up to $5,000 in renovation rebates. Find out how you qualify.